Music Ministry events
Thursday, July 4th 12:00 am
THE FOURTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
JUNE 16, 2013
A Sinful Woman Forgiven
...a woman in the city, who was a sinner, having learned that he was eating in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster jar of ointment. She stood behind him at his feet, weeping, and began to bathe his feet with her tears and to dry them with her hair. Then she continued kissing his feet and anointing them with the ointment....Jesus said, “[H]er sins, which were many, have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little.” Then he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” —Luke 7:37-38,47,48 (excerpt from Gospel)
There’s a wideness in God’s mercy
like the wideness of the sea;
there’s a kindness in his justice,
which is more than liberty.
There is welcome for the sinner,
and more graces for the good;
there is mercy with the Savior;
there is healing in his blood.
—Hymn 470 (excerpt), Frederick William Faber (1814-1863), alt.
- 410, “Praise, my soul, the King of heaven” —Entrance Hymn
- 470, “There’s a wideness in God’s mercy” —Sequence Hymn
- 178, “Alleluia, alleluia! Give thanks to the risen Lord” —Communion Hymn (9:00 a.m.)
- 301, “Bread of the world, in mercy broken” —Communion Hymn
- 382, “King of glory, King of peace” —Communion Hymn
- 691, “My faith looks up to thee” —Communion Hymn (11:00 a.m.)
- 495, “Hail, thou once despisèd Jesus!” —Postcommunion Hymn
The Offertory (9:00 and 11:00 a.m.)
Thou visitest the Earth Maurice Greene (1696-1755)
Thou visitest the easrth and blessest it. Thou crownest the year with thy goodness. —Psalm 65:9a,12a
Marche de Procession (Processional March) Felix-Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911)
Read about James Diaz here.