Now Hiring: Associate for Mission and Outreach
Department: Mission and Outreach
Reports to: Vice Rector
Work hours: Full-Time (including Sundays)
Whom we enthusiastically seek:
Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church, one of the largest Episcopal churches in the United States, seeks a dynamic, energized candidate as our next Associate for Mission and Outreach, a full-time executive-level position. The Associate for Mission and Outreach coordinates all aspects of Mission and Outreach in a congregation of over 6,000 members. The successful candidate will have real-life experience creating and implementing Mission and Outreach initiatives, as well as practicing executive leadership in a multi-staff environment. Although this announcement is intended for ordained leaders, both ordained and lay leaders are encouraged to apply; the right fit is more important than ordination status.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build Christian disciples for a transformed community.
- Partner with Saint Michael's executive team, embracing the team’s commitment to Collaborative, Loyal, Effective, Kind, and Growth-Oriented leadership.
- Increase the number of parishioners engaged in Mission and Outreach.
- Grow the current Mission and Outreach programs of the Church and cultivate new opportunities that fit within the mission of the Church.
- Serve on the executive team, helping to shape strategic focus, manage staff and volunteers, and foster a culture of accountability.
- Provide oversight, coordination and strategic guidance for all Mission and Outreach activities, including the Mission and Outreach Committee and other major parish service initiatives.
- Collaborate with the church’s All Angels Foundation regarding projects, grant applications and awards, and expansion of the mission.
- Strengthen relationships with current community partners, assess the effectiveness of and prioritize these partnerships, and identify new opportunities for collaboration.
- Keep records of outreach projects and develop metrics to measure member engagement.
- Participate in international mission trips supported by Saint Michael and equip other clergy to participate as well.
- Collaborate with other departments (i.e., Formation, Pastoral Care, Worship and Liturgy, Communications, Advancement, Operations, and Finance) to efficiently utilize resources and ensure positive outcomes across Saint Michael.
- Represent Saint Michael at local, national, and international forums as it relates to Mission and Outreach, and host appropriate speakers and conferences at Saint Michael.
- If ordained, participate in the full sacramental and liturgical life of the parish.
We expect our next Associate for Mission and Outreach will be...
- A faithful Christian
- Loyal to Saint Michael and All Angels Church and The Episcopal Church
- Dedicated to mission and outreach with prior experience in the field
- A confident, effective speaker who listens very well
- An excellent leader, teacher, and organizer of volunteers
- A dependable, energetic achiever who holds herself/himself to high standards of job performance, spiritual engagement, and ethical behavior
- A high-energy, vibrant personality who genuinely enjoys being with people
- Technologically adept and an effective communicator across all communities within the parish, specifically comfortable with the Microsoft productivity suite
- Respectful of confidentiality
- An experienced supervisor – able to delegate and oversee the work of others
Ms. Kristen Burk
Executive Assistant to the Vice Rector
Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church
8011 Douglas Avenue
Dallas, TX 75225