St. Michael's Woman's Exchange Celebrates 60 Years
For 60 years, the Women of Saint Michael Gifts Committee has given grants totaling over $9.7 million back to the community. Much of the funding for the Gifts Committee comes from the profits of the St. Michael's Woman's Exchange gift shop in Highland Park Village, which celebrated its 60th year in 2018. The oldest operating storefront in the "Village," the Exchange was originally started in 1939 as a consignment shop, was later operated by the Junior League of Dallas as a service project, and in 1958 was sold to the Women of Saint Michael for $1,500. Today, the store is operated by roughly 150 volunteers.
Learn more about the Exchange in the video above, and be sure to stop by #5 Highland Park Village and shop!