A PRAYER FOR HEALTH & HEALING
"Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve those who are sick and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that we all may be strengthened in our weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." -Rector Chris Girata
#SMAACARES: If you or someone you know is in need of assistance during this time of crisis, please call our 24/7 Priest-on-Call line: (214) 232-7512. Have a prayer request? Please let us know here.
UPDATED SUN 3/22/20 6:50 PM CDT:
ONLINE WORSHIP CONTINUES ON SUNDAYS AT 9:00 A.M. AND 11:00 A.M. AND ONLINE FORMATION OPPORTUNITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE BEGINNING 3/29/20. To learn more, visit saintmichael/live/.
HOWEVER, IN LIGHT OF THE “SAFER AT HOME” ORDER ISSUED BY DALLAS COUNTY JUDGE CLAY JENKINS, EFFECTIVE AT 11:59 PM ON 3/23/20, THE SAINT MICHAEL BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED AT LEAST THROUGH 4/3/20. No public or private gatherings, including weddings and funerals, will be held through at least 4/3/20.All clergy and staff will work from home, except when responding to emergencies or conducting online worship.
In addition, in light of the pastoral directive from the Bishop, all public gatherings have been cancelled or moved online until at least Easter Day, April 12, 2020. This includes public worship.
If this is a pastoral emergency and you need a priest immediately, press call (214) 232-7512.
Saint Michael and All Angels remains committed to be a house of prayer for all people, while also listening to concerns and taking precautions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This webpage is a resource for our response and any updates we can offer.
- How is Saint Michael Responding?
- RESOURCES & INFO
- Saint Michael LIVE
- Service Opportunities During the Crisis
- Parent Help: Educating Your Children About Coronavirus
- Event Cancellations and Changes
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/27/20 5 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/23/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/20/20 5 PM CDT
A Pastoral Letter from the Rector 3/15/20 7 AM CDT
A Message from Rector Chris Girata About COVID-19
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/12/20 1:30 PM CDT
Your Saint Michael leaders are serious about our responsibility to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are staying connected to current news and are taking proactive steps to make our community as safe as we can. Here are just a few of the specific ways we are addressing safety...
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES DURING THIS CRISIS
Around the Building
While the church is currently closed to public gatherings, we have been diligent in our facilities management thus far:
- We have increased the number of cleaning personnel for the church and Saint Michael Episcopal School.
- Regularly-touched surfaces, such as bathrooms, countertops, and door handles, are regularly disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at all entrances.
- Food and drink are served using disposable paper goods and plasticware.
- Precautionary guidelines are in place for the church staff regarding travel, clean work surfaces, and what to do in the event of a possible illness.
- The church and Saint Michael Episcopal School (SMES) may make different decisions about how to respond to COVID-19, but we will do so in consultation with each other.
- Our 9 a.m. Traditional worship services will be streamed live on our website and Facebook page. We encourage everyone to worship with us on online, until the closings have been lifted.
- The Daily Lenten Podcast from our clergy is a great way to enjoy a worship experience wherever you are, in less than 10 minutes per day.
- Resources will be shared on our social media platforms, so be sure to follow us: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
EVENT CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
**Please see notice at top of page regarding church closings. In addition:
The PT Cruisers will not take their trip to the Fire Station on Thursday, March 19 or to the Dallas Aquarium on Thursday, April 16.
The Prayer Ministry retreat with the Brothers of the Society of Saint John the Evangelist on Friday, March 27 has been cancelled.
The Lenten Retreat with the Brothers of the Society of Saint John the Evangelist on Saturday, March 28 has been cancelled.
The Spring Blood Drive in support of the American Red Cross on Sunday, March 29 has been cancelled.
Mom's Charcuterie Night on Sunday, March 29 will not occur.
The Prime Timers luncheon scheduled for Thursday, April 2 has been cancelled.
The Women of Saint Michael Day of Service at Jubilee Park & Community Center on Friday, April 3 has been cancelled.
Mass on the Grass and the Parish Picnic scheduled for Sunday, April 19 has been postponed.
Ongoing Group Meetings
The Unending Conversation group has cancelled its Monday meetings indefinitely.
Poetry & Faith will meet online rather than in person the evening of Thursday, April 9.