A PRAYER FOR HEALTH & HEALING
"Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve those who are sick and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that we all may be strengthened in our weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." -Rector Chris Girata
#SMAACARES: If you or someone you know is in need of urgent assistance during this time, please call our 24/7 Priest-on-Call line: (214) 232-7512.
UPDATED THU 4/8/21 2:53 PM CDT:
IN-PERSON WORSHIP: A limited number of people may attend public worship services. Mask-wearing and social distancing are still required on the Saint Michael campus. Registration for in-person worship services begins online each Monday at 10 AM CT, and tickets can be reserved at saintmichael.org/worshiptickets. Registered attendees can enter through the Saint Michael Episcopal School (SMES) Porte Cochère in the West parking lot due to upcoming construction on the North side of the campus. Health safety guidelines for those coming onto the campus may be found at saintmichael.org/worshiptickets.
VISITORS DURING THE WEEK should enter through the south entrance. Please schedule your group in advance with Tish Visinsky.
WEDDINGS, FUNERALS, AND BAPTISMS are permitted outdoors in unlimited numbers, as long as households are distanced and masked. These services may also be held in Saint Michael Chapel, with a limit of 20 people, including church personnel. Please contact Dianne Boyd for more information.
Saint Michael and All Angels remains committed to be a house of prayer for all people, while also listening to concerns and taking precautions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This webpage is a resource for our response and any updates we can offer.
- How is Saint Michael Responding?
- RESOURCES & INFO
- Saint Michael LIVE
- Service Opportunities During the Crisis
- Parent Help: Educating Your Children About Coronavirus
- Event Cancellations and Changes
A SPECIAL NOTE FROM RECTOR CHRIS GIRATA | June 26, 2020
I hope this note finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. Today there are several updates from SMAA that I want to share.
A Message from Rector Chris Girata 4/1/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/27/20 5 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/23/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/20/20 5 PM CDT
A Pastoral Letter from the Rector 3/15/20 7 AM CDT
A Message from Rector Chris Girata About COVID-19
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/12/20 1:30 PM CDT
Your Saint Michael leaders are serious about our responsibility to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are staying connected to current news and are taking proactive steps to make our community as safe as we can. Here are just a few of the specific ways we are addressing safety...
Around the Building
We are been diligent in our facilities management:
- We have increased the number of cleaning personnel for the church and Saint Michael Episcopal School.
- Regularly-touched surfaces, such as bathrooms, countertops, and door handles, are regularly disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at all entrances.
- Food and drink are served using disposable paper goods and plasticware.
- Precautionary guidelines are in place for the church staff regarding travel, clean work surfaces, and what to do in the event of a possible illness.
- The church and Saint Michael Episcopal School (SMES) may make different decisions about how to respond to COVID-19, but we will do so in consultation with each other.
- In-person worship opportunities are back! Visit this webpage for more information.
- Our 9 a.m. Traditional, 11 a.m. Contemporary, and 8 p.m. Compline worship services are streamed live on our website, Facebook page, and YouTube channel every Sunday. We encourage everyone not joining us in-person to worship with us on online.
- Weekly Distribution of Communion happens every Sunday from 12:15-1 p.m. No reservations needed. Learn more here.
- Private Prayer opportunities are available in our Bishop Moore Chapel. From Monday-Friday, the BMC is open from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. The Bishop Moore Chapel is also open on Sundays from 12:15-1 p.m. Learn more here.
- Formation for all ages is available from our Adults, Youth, and Children's Ministries. Visit this webpage for more information.
- Resources will be shared on our social media platforms, so be sure to follow us: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.