A PRAYER FOR HEALTH & HEALING
"Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve those who are sick and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that we all may be strengthened in our weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." -Rector Chris Girata
#SMAACARES: If you or someone you know is in need of urgent assistance during this time, please call our 24/7 Priest-on-Call line: (214) 232-7512.
UPDATED MON 9/21/20 4:45 PM CDT:
LIMITED REOPENING ON SEPTEMBER 27: With permission from the Diocese, a limited number of people may attend livestream worship on Sunday at 9:00 A.M. (Traditional), 11:00 A.M. (Contemporary), and 8:00 P.M. (Compline). Attendees must be symptom-free, remain distanced from other households, and wear a mask at all times. Entrance will be from the north side of the building and includes a brief screening. While Eucharist will be celebrated at 9:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M., those wishing to receive consecrated bread should go to Saint Michael Chapel on Sunday between 12:30 P.M. – 1:30 P.M. Free tickets for September 27 will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on Wednesday, September 23 at 10:00 A.M. at saintmichael.org/worshiptickets. Beginning the following week, tickets will be available every Monday at 10:00 A.M. Note: If Highland Park Public Schools return to online-only instruction, we must discontinue attendance at livestream worship and restrict the number of people entering the building.
VISITORS DURING THE WEEK should enter through the south entrance (Colgate Avenue). Only certain groups may return and must schedule with Tish Visinsky, who is handling room reservations. Online and outdoor meetings are the safest way to meet.
WEDDINGS, FUNERALS, AND BAPTISMS are permitted in limited numbers in Saint Michael Chapel. Contact Dianne Boyd.
Saint Michael and All Angels remains committed to be a house of prayer for all people, while also listening to concerns and taking precautions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This webpage is a resource for our response and any updates we can offer.
- How is Saint Michael Responding?
- RESOURCES & INFO
- Saint Michael LIVE
- Service Opportunities During the Crisis
- Parent Help: Educating Your Children About Coronavirus
- Event Cancellations and Changes
A SPECIAL NOTE FROM RECTOR CHRIS GIRATA | June 26, 2020
I hope this note finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. Today there are several updates from SMAA that I want to share.
A Message from Rector Chris Girata 4/1/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/27/20 5 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/23/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/20/20 5 PM CDT
A Pastoral Letter from the Rector 3/15/20 7 AM CDT
A Message from Rector Chris Girata About COVID-19
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/12/20 1:30 PM CDT
Your Saint Michael leaders are serious about our responsibility to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are staying connected to current news and are taking proactive steps to make our community as safe as we can. Here are just a few of the specific ways we are addressing safety...
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES DURING THIS CRISIS
Around the Building
While the church is currently closed to public gatherings, we have been diligent in our facilities management thus far:
- We have increased the number of cleaning personnel for the church and Saint Michael Episcopal School.
- Regularly-touched surfaces, such as bathrooms, countertops, and door handles, are regularly disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at all entrances.
- Food and drink are served using disposable paper goods and plasticware.
- Precautionary guidelines are in place for the church staff regarding travel, clean work surfaces, and what to do in the event of a possible illness.
- The church and Saint Michael Episcopal School (SMES) may make different decisions about how to respond to COVID-19, but we will do so in consultation with each other.
- Our 9 a.m. Traditional and 11 a.m. Contemporary worship services are streamed live on our website and Facebook page every Sunday. We encourage everyone to worship with us on online, until the closings have been lifted.
- Weekly Distribution of Communion is ongoing Sunday afternoons from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Learn more and register here.
- Private Prayer opportunities are available in our Bishop Moore Chapels. From Monday-Friday, the BMC is open from Noon - 1:30 p.m. The Bishop Moore Chapel is also open on Sundays from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Learn more here.
- Formation for all ages is available from our Adults, Youth, and Children's Ministries. Visit this webpage for more information.
- Resources will be shared on our social media platforms, so be sure to follow us: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.