A PRAYER FOR HEALTH & HEALING
"Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve those who are sick and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that we all may be strengthened in our weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." -Rector Chris Girata
#SMAACARES: If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please call our 24/7 Priest-on-Call line: (214) 232-7512. Have a prayer request? Please let us know here.
UPDATED WED 7/1/20 7:30 AM CDT:
Online worship continues on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and DISTRIBUTION OF COMMUNION is offered Sundays at 12:30-1:30 p.m. ONLINE FORMATION is updated each week. To learn more, visit saintmichael.org/live, saintmichael.org/communion, and saintmichael.org/liveformation.
NEW: The Saint Michael and Bishop Moore Chapels are now open for private prayer each weekday from 12 noon - 1:30 p.m. The Saint Michael Book Shop has now reopened at their regular hours Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., as of July 6. Everyone must enter through the south side of the building on Colgate Ave. and be screened at the reception desk upon entry. Please click here for more information about personal prayer, and visit the Book Shop webpage to learn more about their re-opening.
Due to the worsening COVID-19 situation in Dallas, the Bishop has directed all churches to return to Step B (out of steps A, B, and C). For Saint Michael, this simply means continued vigilance to safety protocols (distance, masks, and cleaning) and reducing the size of church-sponsored indoor activities to 10 people. The elderly and vulnerable are encouraged to stay home. Outdoor church-sponsored activities are not limited in size, as long as everyone is distanced and masked.
STAFF: Essential staff and staff who wish to do so may work in-person from the church. Most other employees will continue to work from home and meetings will continue to be held online.
BURIALS, WEDDINGS, AND BAPTISMS: Outdoor committal ceremonies and weddings are not limited in size as long as they are held outdoors and everyone is distanced and masked (except for those speaking). Indoor committals and weddings are limited to 10 people, including church personnel. At this point, we are not able to conduct baptisms, but we are maintaining a signup sheet for the future. For more information, please email Dianne Boyd.
FARMERS MARKET: The Farmers Market is open! Details may be found on their website.
SAINT MICHAEL EPISCOPAL SCHOOL (SMES): Camps that were scheduled to open on July 6 have been canceled. Future re-opening decisions will be guided by the appropriate school licensing bodies. Details may be found on their website.
Saint Michael and All Angels remains committed to be a house of prayer for all people, while also listening to concerns and taking precautions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This webpage is a resource for our response and any updates we can offer.
- How is Saint Michael Responding?
- RESOURCES & INFO
- Saint Michael LIVE
- Service Opportunities During the Crisis
- Parent Help: Educating Your Children About Coronavirus
- Event Cancellations and Changes
A SPECIAL NOTE FROM RECTOR CHRIS GIRATA | June 26, 2020
I hope this note finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. Today there are several updates from SMAA that I want to share.
A Message from Rector Chris Girata 4/1/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/27/20 5 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/23/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/20/20 5 PM CDT
A Pastoral Letter from the Rector 3/15/20 7 AM CDT
A Message from Rector Chris Girata About COVID-19
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/12/20 1:30 PM CDT
Your Saint Michael leaders are serious about our responsibility to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are staying connected to current news and are taking proactive steps to make our community as safe as we can. Here are just a few of the specific ways we are addressing safety...
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES DURING THIS CRISIS
Around the Building
While the church is currently closed to public gatherings, we have been diligent in our facilities management thus far:
- We have increased the number of cleaning personnel for the church and Saint Michael Episcopal School.
- Regularly-touched surfaces, such as bathrooms, countertops, and door handles, are regularly disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at all entrances.
- Food and drink are served using disposable paper goods and plasticware.
- Precautionary guidelines are in place for the church staff regarding travel, clean work surfaces, and what to do in the event of a possible illness.
- The church and Saint Michael Episcopal School (SMES) may make different decisions about how to respond to COVID-19, but we will do so in consultation with each other.
- Our 9 a.m. Traditional and 11 a.m. Contemporary worship services are streamed live on our website and Facebook page every Sunday. We encourage everyone to worship with us on online, until the closings have been lifted.
- Formation for all ages is available from our Adults, Youth, and Children's Ministries. Visit this webpage for more information.
- Resources will be shared on our social media platforms, so be sure to follow us: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
EVENT CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
**Please see notice at top of page regarding church closings. In addition:
The Pie for the 4th of July celebration on Sunday, June 28 has been canceled. There will, however, be patriotic music during worship on Sunday, July 5.