A PRAYER FOR HEALTH & HEALING
"Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve those who are sick and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that we all may be strengthened in our weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." -Rector Chris Girata
#SMAACARES: If you or someone you know is in need of assistance during this time of crisis, please call our 24/7 Priest-on-Call line: (214) 232-7512. Have a prayer request? Please let us know here.
UPDATED THURS 5/21/20 1:00 PM CDT:
Online worship continues on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and will be our primary mode of worship until further notice. Online formation opportunities are also available. To learn more, visit saintmichael.org/live and saintmichael.org/liveformation.
NEW: Although we are not able to gather in person for public worship, the Bishop has given permission for the safe distribution of Communion for those who wish to receive the sacrament physically, as well as spiritually. Beginning Pentecost Sunday, 5/31, and continuing every Sunday until further notice, all are invited to come to Saint Michael Chapel on Sunday afternoons between 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and receive consecrated bread and a blessing from a priest. Parking will be available in the west lot, with entrance through the west door by the theater and exit through the south door by the reception desk. Disinfecting hands upon entry, maintaining at least six feet distance from other family units, and wearing a mask while in the building will be required. More details, including instructions about how to sign up for a 15-minute slot, will be sent by email and also available on our church website on Wednesday, 5/27.
BURIALS AND WEDDINGS: Committal ceremonies and weddings may be conducted outdoors with less than ten people attending and who are physically distanced and masked. For more information, please email Dianne Boyd.
CHURCH BUILDING: The church building will remain closed to the public for now. We look forward to welcoming small groups up to 10 people soon.
EMPLOYEES: Church staff will continue to work from home to the greatest extent possible. Employees may enter the building if needed, following the usual disinfecting procedures, maintaining at least 6 feet distance, and wearing masks. Employees (and anyone else who enters the building) must sign in at the reception desk by the south entrance so that the facilities staff know where and when to clean. Questions about entering the building should be directed to Colleen O’Hara, Director of Operations, and the Rev. Kenneth H. Brannon, Vice Rector, with a copy to Kristen Burk.
FARMERS MARKET: The Bishop has made is clear that outdoor gatherings are safer than indoor gatherings. As a result, the Farmers Market will resume operations in a safe manner on Saturday, June 6. Details may be found on their website.
SAINT MICHAEL EPISCOPAL SCHOOL (SMES): The school will determine their re-opening policies in light of guidance from the local school district. Details may be found on their website.
Saint Michael and All Angels remains committed to be a house of prayer for all people, while also listening to concerns and taking precautions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This webpage is a resource for our response and any updates we can offer.
- How is Saint Michael Responding?
- RESOURCES & INFO
- Saint Michael LIVE
- Service Opportunities During the Crisis
- Parent Help: Educating Your Children About Coronavirus
- Event Cancellations and Changes
A Message from Rector Chris Girata 4/1/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/27/20 5 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/23/20 4 PM CDT
A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE RECTOR 3/20/20 5 PM CDT
A Pastoral Letter from the Rector 3/15/20 7 AM CDT
A Message from Rector Chris Girata About COVID-19
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/12/20 1:30 PM CDT
Your Saint Michael leaders are serious about our responsibility to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are staying connected to current news and are taking proactive steps to make our community as safe as we can. Here are just a few of the specific ways we are addressing safety...
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES DURING THIS CRISIS
Around the Building
While the church is currently closed to public gatherings, we have been diligent in our facilities management thus far:
- We have increased the number of cleaning personnel for the church and Saint Michael Episcopal School.
- Regularly-touched surfaces, such as bathrooms, countertops, and door handles, are regularly disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at all entrances.
- Food and drink are served using disposable paper goods and plasticware.
- Precautionary guidelines are in place for the church staff regarding travel, clean work surfaces, and what to do in the event of a possible illness.
- The church and Saint Michael Episcopal School (SMES) may make different decisions about how to respond to COVID-19, but we will do so in consultation with each other.
- Our 9 a.m. Traditional worship services will be streamed live on our website and Facebook page. We encourage everyone to worship with us on online, until the closings have been lifted.
- The Weekday Easter Podcast from our clergy is a great way to enjoy a worship experience wherever you are, in less than 10 minutes per day.
- Formation for all ages is available from our Adults, Youth, and Children's Ministries. Visit this webpage for more information.
- Resources will be shared on our social media platforms, so be sure to follow us: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
EVENT CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
**Please see notice at top of page regarding church closings. In addition:
Opening day of the Saint Michael's Farmers Market 2020 season has been postponed indefinitely from its original date of Saturday, April 25
The Women of Saint Michael Spring Luncheon on Wednesday, May 13 has been canceled.
Ongoing Group Meetings
The Unending Conversation group has cancelled its Monday meetings indefinitely.