Small Groups at Saint Michael
Until we can gather as a big church community once more, I want to encourage you to begin to gather in small groups wherever you are. Saint Michael is creating excellent digital content that is meant to be shared. Could you host a small group in your home, or perhaps meet a small group of friends to encourage and share stories? Our Christian discipleship is not meant to be a journey we take alone, we need holy friends to walk The Way with us.
Small groups are already popping up within the Saint Michael community. Some groups gather to watch our Sunday worship services, some gather to study the Bible, some gather for special activities, and still others gather to share outreach projects. The opportunities are endless! We all have everything we need to gather, so let’s gather with intentionality, to move our faith forward as disciples of Christ.
Small group gatherings are wonderful ways to center our lives on what matters most: our faith community. Please know that I am praying for you, praying to encourage you to gather in small groups to share this faith journey. And when you do, I hope you will send us notes and pictures of your group! Please email us as [email protected] or use the hashtag #SMAADallas on social media. We can’t wait to see how the Spirit moves in you and in your groups. God bless you!
Ways To Stay Connected:
- Worship online
- Join a small group
- Pray in the chapels
- Sunday communion
- Serve in the community
- Enjoy online classes
Ways to gather safely
- Virtual small groups utilizing digital platforms like Zoom.
- Small (10 or less people) outdoor gatherings spaced at least 6-feet apart.
- Small (10 or less people) indoor gatherings spaced at least 6-feet apart wearing cloth face coverings
CDC Best Practices when gathering in-person
- Stay home if sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available use hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol).
- Wear cloth face coverings when indoors.
- Do not exchange handshakes, fist bumps, or high fives with those outside your household.
- Stay at least 6-feet physically distant from those outside your household.
- Do not share food or objects.